SulmeyerKupetz has for many years represented agricultural concerns. This has included representing creditors and debtors in possession in Chapter 11 proceedings, liquidating farmland, and successfully litigating business disputes on behalf of producers.
Specific examples of the firm’s work in the agricultural sector include:
- Defeated motion to dismiss Chapter 11 case and obtained confirmation of contested Chapter 11 plan on behalf of large family-owned plant nursery with multiple locations.
- Appointed by secured lender to operate five thousand acres of cultivated farmland. Liquidated a portion of the property and effected settlement between disputing partners.
- Obtained $10 million jury verdict in action for fraud and misappropriation of trade secrets on behalf of major dairy products manufacturer.
- Represented largest non-insider creditor in relation to Chapter 11 bankruptcy of major poultry producer.
- Represented one of the largest egg producers in the country in successful Chapter 11 reorganization.