Are you or your client thinking about purchasing assets out of bankruptcy? You may have heard that bankruptcy estate assets can sometimes be purchased for a bargain price, but are you aware of the overall process and the potential risks associated with acquiring an estate asset?
- The procedures and requirements associated with bankruptcy sales;
- The benefits of serving as a “stalking horse” bidder;
- The bidding and auction process;
- Differences between Bankruptcy Code Section 363 sales and sales through a Chapter 11 plan;
- Obtaining free and clear title to the purchased assets; and
- The primary benefits and risks of purchasing bankruptcy estate assets.