Our attorneys have represented a variety of manufacturing and distribution companies in transactional matters, litigation, and bankruptcy proceedings.
Specific examples of our work in this sector include the following:
- Advised national picture frame manufacturing company with total assets in excess of $100 million, in connection with restructuring and refinancing, including advising on takeover defenses, and orchestrated successful Chapter 11 case.
- Assisted venture capital fund in $10-million purchase of New York cable wire manufacturer.
- Drafted and negotiated $20-million acquisition of Chicago-based paint manufacturing company on behalf of shareholders. Provided consultation, managed letter of credit documentation, and advised on divestiture strategy.
- Handled $10-million sale of closely held, Chicago-based meat processing company.
- Confirmed plan of reorganization as trustee for concrete and asphalt recycling facility, the products of which were used in the construction of highways.
- Handled contemplated divestiture of Chicago-based steel manufacturing business valued at over $40 million.
- Successfully contested IRS determination of excise taxes in U.S. Bankruptcy Court (Chapter 11) on behalf of distressed Los Angeles-based manufacturer of truck tanks and storage equipment.
- On behalf of automotive repair kit manufacturer as creditor, successfully opposed debtor’s initial plan which would not pay creditors’ claims in full, ultimately obtaining full payment of unsecured claims including payment of post-petition interest.
- Coordinated with counsel and forensic accountants to evidence elaborate scheme in which principal and several former customers stole inventory from Korean textile import company.